Behotec j66 repair

Discussie in 'Turbine aangedreven' gestart door jetflydemoteam, 1 aug 2012.

1. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    reapair after crash caused by ngv deformation

J-66HP ALBUM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tadango

Tadango Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    25 jun 2003
    nice work. How did you clean the combustion chamber? sandblasting?

@Alexx, de volgende keer de gene ZONDER reacties sluiten aub ;)

3. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    Sorry for poor comments...i'm at work...

the behotec j66 was in TOMAHAWK 2mt viperjet from my friend
    crashed cause turbine stop during flight (turbine wheel touch ngv)

then exaust cone , ngv, case, cover , motor starter distorted

i repaired all bend parts, cleaned CC (fine sand) , bearing change, dynamic balance..

Christian

4. Ger Kovacs

Ger Kovacs Guest

Hi Christian

The EGT at idle and max rpm seems to high for a Behotec HP66, how high is your preload on the bearings?
    How much air is between the compressor and the compressor housing, normal is about 0.1 mm gap, max 0.15 mm.
    When the preload is normal, about 3 kg's, and the gap is not to big, the combustion chamber needs some adjustments to bring the temperatures at a more acceptable level, about 550 degrees idle and 630 at max throttle.

Just my two cent's :wink:

By the way, nice threads you made, very clear and good explained.

Groet Ger.

5. Tadango

Tadango Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    25 jun 2003
    High? Mine runs about the same tempeatures. In idle this engine runs with very high egt. Mine runs 630 idle and 680 at max rmp. Lowest stable temp is about 580. Accelleration temp is very high, 800+. With normal pre-load and new bearings. New CC made about 30 degrees lower egt.

I think the punched holes make the temperatures to high.

6. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    Hello ...

in my opinion preload front bearing is much higher than other engine
    seen at today...but i don't want modify the original engine preload.
    there are not the spacer .. the spring touch directly the front bearing
    This engine was buyed from behotec in 2007 but used few times.. ( 5 flight)

here today 37°c ...maybe with external temp about 10 - 15°c the egt should be
    lower..?

the test was made with diesel + unlead + oil

7. Ger Kovacs

Ger Kovacs Guest

Offcourse the outside temperature makes a difrence, but not more than 30 degrees.
    And as you write your outside temp at testing was 37degrees, then your engine will probable will run at about 650 degrees full trottle with a moderate outside temperature of 10 degrees, thats very good.
    I myself have not so good results with fuel mixtures like you said, my experiences where that when I used diesel the charcoal or carbon in the CC grows rapidly so cleaning was reccisary after about 10 hours running.
    Now my old home build 14 kg trust turbine total hours is at 81.4, running still with the same bearings and combustion chamber, after fine tuning with help from Martin and Limme.
    Also a total rebuild old RT Hammer 130 has more than 70 hours on the clock, more trust and beter fuel economy.
    I use only petroleum with 5% Mobil DTE Light for lubrication and about 10% of the total fuel mixture runs to the tunnel, never any charcoal seen after that.
    Balancing I do manual with my bare hands and a air pistol to run the shaft in the tunnel with the wheels on it with the perload I want, between 2.5 and 4 kg depending on the engine.

Groet Ger.

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator: 2 aug 2012
  8. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    Hi Ger...

i use the diesel on test because i don't want to consume jet a-1 stock :) but i fly normally with last type of fuel..
    I have ut-160, jetcat, behotec, simjet that run good with diesel... but jj1400 and wren54 not run good..
    I use various turbine oil...most of them are dated airport stock that are not used in full size aircraft...(o-149, o-156, o-148, mobil, exxon, royco, ecc)
    I buyed shenk balancer because is very fast and fine to balance the engine...but i used youR method for few years in my engine.. :)

ps. sorry for my bad english!! :-(

ps.2 i'm searching F-86K from marijn penninx

9. Tadango

Tadango Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    25 jun 2003
    Your english is better then some people's dutch ;)

10. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    many thx guys!!

11. Ger Kovacs

Ger Kovacs Guest

@Christian (bon giorno :wink: )

It's very difficult to get the F86K kit from Marijn, i now him personaly and knowing he is always very busy manufactuaring his F16 1/5 scale, has many order's to deal with.
    Last time I see him was at Pampa where he flew his 1/5 scale T33, had many dust on it :wink: I notist.
    I wil ask him when I see him again of there posibility's are the get a F86K kit.
    There is also a kit on Ebay.de of the kit I have where I fly now 7 years with, is not 100% correct scale but looks good and fly's very wel. 400+ sortie's on it.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Modellflugze...678929&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&#ht_558wt_922

Greetings Ger.

12. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    Buon giorno ;);)

i talked some times with marijn end tell me that is very busy on t-33 and f-16 production..
    then i search used model / kit to build (i found one several years ago but the price was very very high for kit solution)
    on ebay there is urlich but is not in scale...:(:(:(

if you have some info about selling kit in the future send me mail..

christian

13. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
  14. Ger Kovacs

Ger Kovacs Guest

I saw 8,9 kg trust at 120K, thats very nice voor the Beho 66er, mission accomplished :wink:
    But 9.8 is possible at 125K at a EGT aprox 690 degrees.

It's difficult to hear the engine running watching via youtube because of the distorsion of the sound.

Groet Ger.

15. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    yes...the video is poor quality (cell phone!!) but i'm happy for customer that engine is ok... next step installing the enfgine on his Repaired Viperjet...
    i don't like to run engine over max rpm...i prefere conservative use on engine
    the model flight well with about 50% trust..

next engine jj1800 to rebuild for another customer.. :(
    and ut-160 optimizing

16. Tadango

Tadango Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    25 jun 2003
    Tomahawk viper flies very well without engine, i saw that before. 8-9 kg is perfect for scale flight.

17. jetflydemoteam

jetflydemoteam

Lid geworden:
    20 dec 2011
    yes...the model was purchased ready to fly by friend but it's death this years.
    (i do the maiden flight)

the model was selled to another friend of local club (6 total flight)
    ...this week the engine will be re-fitted in the model ready for another flying session

i will made n.2 modify in the behotec soon.

ngv with major thikness (now is very thiny ad deformation is sure) and the preload bearing (too much now!)

christian

Deel Deze Pagina