GR 130 First experience.

Discussie in 'Zelfbouw turbines' gestart door SPOTTER, 22 jan 2021.

1. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Hi everyone
    this is my first experience of building a turbine, I have no experience, your beautiful forum is very helpful to me, thank you very much Mr.Gerald RUTTEN for his freely available drawings, I started the construction of the turbine GR 130, the work it will be very long and I will still need your advice, I make a request, Mr. RUTTEN I tried to write to you on Messenger and on your Mail but I never received an answer maybe I have the wrong address, I need some information, would you be available to answer me? thank you

2. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Here the construction of a centering device.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
  4. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Works on the Gaskartusche CV470
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    Hi, Spotter, very nice you started working on this engine. Please bear in mind as I mentioned on my site and here as well that this particular engine is still in testing phase. I never finished this project but people asked me to make the drawings online anyway so you need some experience for this. It uses a rather old-style compressor which can be a bit temperamental in set-up and adjustment, particular in diffuser angle precision. I'm not sure how far you are on construction and purchasing parts but I do recommend to built the GR180 which is in essential the same casing, larger compressor wheel and turbine which you can run at lower rpm for your needs. This one is more proven engine stable runner especially at lower rpm up to 100.000rpm which is very cool at around 500-550 Celsius and still between 110 and 120 Newton thrust.

There are some here building the GR130, please take a look what they are doing.

Anyway, good luck on the built, I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

Kind regards,
    Gerald

SPOTTER vindt dit leuk.
  6. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Thanks for answering me Gerald.
    I hope for your help because in Italy there are no good aircraft modelers like you who build turbines at home.
    I thought that the GR 130 is an easier project than the GR 180, I have to continue with the GR130 because I have already bought the EGV and the 66mm turbine, I also bought the compressor indicated in your project, can you tell me if I need to make any changes that you have already tested?
    thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    No, those parts are oke. I just want to say that this engine is more critical to tolerances, everything must be right, especially the diffuser and it's angles.
    I used an old style 2 stage diffuser and I designed a single stage wedge diffuser as a replacement but has never been tested by me. Sadly I don't have plans of the 2 stage diffuser anymore. I'm busy on other project but if I would have had some spare time I would try to re-invent this diffuser to make it more tolerable.

8. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    These are my thoughts, I think this diffuser with the older type compressor needs a small adjustment on the wedge angle which might be a bit flatter. All my other engines with newer aggressively retro-curved blades need a much steeper angle but these T04B compressor wheel is different. (There is no real alternative to this wheel) Also the so called "throat area" might be too large and could be a tiny bit smaller. (The 7,29 from the picture) If you could try a slightly smaller wedge angle, the 14,0 number on the picture to lets say 13,5 or even 13,0 would be better I think. This smaller angle also has the benefit that the throat will close to a more acceptable value which would be around 6,5mm.

Just my thoughts, I don't know if you can incorporate this in your built? If you are able to make them cnc you could even try both my original and this adjustment as well?

[​IMG]

9. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Gerald
    Gerald
    The 2 stage diffuser do you mean this in the picture?

Bijgevoegde bestanden:

10. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
  11. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    I'm not able to see the pictures in the cnc forum, nor can I read Italian...:rolleyes:, but constructing a CNC miling machine is another piece of art, very nice!

12. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    Yes, that's a two stage diffuser.

13. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Gerald
    I bought these 2 types of steel which is better to use to make the shaft ?

Bijgevoegde bestanden:

14. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Hi Gerald
    I have a problem, in your project, the compressor side shaft has a diameter of 7mm, but the garrett comressor 409179-0022 has a 6.25mm hole, I need to enlarge the compressor hole or I need to make the shaft diameter smaller ?
    thank you.

Bijgevoegde bestanden:

15. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    Hi, the 6,25mm hole is a precise fit, I wouldn't tamper with that. There might be a chance the new enlarged 7mm hole is not 100per cent aligned any more. This makes it very difficult to replace the compressor should it suffer from damage by any means.

I would make the shaft for a tight fit on the 6,25mm. It strong enough for sure, it was also strong enough for the turbocharger shaft. Hope this helps.

(Strange that the diameter is not 7mm, that's a pretty standard size)

Rgds,
    Gerald

16. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    good morning
    Ok Gerald, you are always kind and available thanks.
    the precise size of the compressor bore is 6.35mm (1/4 inch)
    regards.

17. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Gerald can you tell me what is the precise radius of the compressor?, Or if you can send me the drawing in dxf.
    thank you

18. SPOTTER

SPOTTER

Lid geworden:
    10 jun 2015
    Exactly this

Bijgevoegde bestanden:

19. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    I have it, let me see how I can send the dxf file to you.

[​IMG]

20. Gerald Rutten

Gerald Rutten

Lid geworden:
    6 mei 2005
    I've added the file in download here; http://www.gerald-rutten.nl/turbines.htm

Can you try to open it? I'm not sure if you need login details for that, otherwise I try to change that to public.

Rgds,

Deel Deze Pagina