Slope soaring spot at Zandvoort

Discussie in 'Hellingzweven' gestart door Nullie, 16 mei 2016.

1. Nullie

Nullie

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2016
    Hi, I 'm new to the Netherlands.

I live at Zandvoort and wanted to try gliding slope at this place https://goo.gl/P8Z0OG

I went to explore the place and looks there are fences around the hill. Do I need to ask permission of someone around to access it?

2. P.L.

P.L.

Lid geworden:
    14 feb 2015
  3. Nullie

Nullie

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2016
    Looks like this, yeah. I did not go that far thought

4. P.L.

P.L.

Lid geworden:
    14 feb 2015
    Hi again,

First of all; Welcome to Holland :)

I haven't got a precise answer on your questions but it's certainly good that you ask here.
    Normally all of our dunes, being an active part of our defense against the sea, are restricted areas and are part of our National nature reserves (hence the fences around them).
    What I see on the video is that they are standing on top of the dunes, behind the barbed wire fence, which is normally prohibited?
    Free areas are normally spoken foot / walking paths, bicycle paths and dedicated (playing) areas.
    A reason behind it in a nutshell is that people will damage the grass on top of the dunes, grass dies, sand gets exposed and dunes gets blown away by the wind and after a while we all get wet feet in most parts of the Netherlands :)
    Crossing the fence might get you end up with a fine of I believe 90 euro or something.

To be honest it has been a while ago that I have been living in that region so I can't tell you the specific details you are after.
    Hopefully somebody else will comment here but seen the number of other responses I can only assume that the person who made the video entered the top of the dunes illegally.
    What should be a possibility is that you start on top of the path between the dunes, do some flying and then land on the beach when you are done.

You are allowed to fly on the beach, just keep common logic ahead of the rest. Stay and act safe, mind the nature and mind the safety of other persons.
    And obviously in summer time when the beach is filled with people it will not be so much publicly accepted e.g. just like flying kites on the beach.

Let's see if other people who are more known with this spot will comment.

BR.
    Paul

5. Fotor

Fotor Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2006
    I can confirm that it is prohibited to walk on the first row of dunes along the coastline. If you want to fly on that spot you would have to use an existing footpath over the dunes or simply start at the base of the dune (not always easy). You can land on the beach. You can get fined walking on the dunes, but the chance is small.

9 km south of Zandvoort you have a beach called 'Langevelderslag'. There is an official flying site for parapents and delta wings. We can also fly there, but bear in mind that parapents and delta wings always have the priority. If you encounter them, just have a chat and everything will be fine. Here is more info (in Dutch). Behind the restaurant 'Nederzicht' is an uphill path to the flying spot. Parking is paid, I believe €3 in summertime, €1,50 in winter.

6. Fotor

Fotor Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2006
    Some videos of my hand at Langevelderslag.
    If you have any questions about this spot: go ahead!

Justus vindt dit leuk.
  7. GJVO

GJVO Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    23 dec 2003
    Hello Nullie,
    Welcome to our Low Lands and yes, when it is not high season you can fly on our "Dutch Mountains" .
    Most of the time you can fly wherever you want but don't destroy the nature and don't leave rubbish behind.
    It is not really legal but dutch never obey the rules.
    Zandvoort is not the best place to fly.
    Better go a bit to the south, Wijk aan Zee.
    There the dunes are higher and it is more quiet, most of the time there is nobody on the beach, not even in summer.
    There is (or was) another place but i still have to check if it is still there.
    It is in the area of Alkmaar.
    Maybe i go there this week, i let you know if you can still fly there.

Gert-Jan

8. Fotor

Fotor Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2006
    Small correction on the post of Gert-Jan: Wijk aan Zee is north of Zandvoort, just north of the Tata steel area at IJmuiden. I believe close to the Fletcher hotel there's a good flying spot.
    I've never been there myself, but it should be a nice slope. Give it a try!

9. Nullie

Nullie

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2016
    Thanks all. Yeah, there is pass over dunes. But is there legal way to recover crashed glider from the dunes?

10. GJVO

GJVO Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    23 dec 2003
    No, not legal, but dutch police is too busy writing out speedtickets and dutch tolerate a lot, so even if it is not legal they will tolerate it, als long as you dont destroy the nature.
    We always flew near Camperduin, never had any problems or penalties.
    We always cleaned the area so nobody could see we flew there,

GJ

11. Nullie

Nullie

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2016
    Ok, thank you

12. P.L.

P.L.

Lid geworden:
    14 feb 2015
    It's not the territory where the Dutch Police normally operates but of the Forrester.
    But further it is exactly like above persons state, just try to keep things in piece (and peace :) ) and you should be fine in the exeptional case you crash into the dunes.
    Of course you can meet the forrester when he is having an off day and acts like a **** but there is no need to make things bigger then they should be.

13. Nullie

Nullie

Lid geworden:
    16 mei 2016
    Yeah, thank you all

Deel Deze Pagina