Zwaardvis class?

Discussie in 'Duikboten' gestart door Morog, 28 mrt 2009.

1. Morog

Morog

Lid geworden:
    12 mei 2008
    Hi,

I started a little research about more Tijgerhaai and Zwaardvis pics. Did someone definitly know what is happend with the both subs? My last knowledge was, that the submarines are sold to Malaysia. But they bought two Scorpene :)rolleyes:) class submarines. So is my question, what happend with Zwaardvis and Tijgerhaai? (hope not scrapped!)

regards

Sascha

2. ABCoude

ABCoude

Lid geworden:
    24 jan 2009
    Hi Sascha,

you can see in the article below its still not sure what happend with both ships.

www.dutchsubmarines.com

Best Regards Sebastiaan

13 Apr 2005: The Dutch Ministry Of Defence has given the business man Joep van den Nieuwenhuyzen till April 24 to come up with a plan to scrap the two ex-Royal Netherlands Navy Zwaardvis-class submarines, Zwaardvis (2) and Tijgerhaai (2). If he does not come up with a plan the MOD will go to court.
    The MOD has urged the the business man to scrap the subs because the subs are still not sold and the bills of the Malaysian port authorities and increasing. The MOD want to prevent that the yard will confiscate the submarines or that the vessels are scrapped by using child labour. The MOD also wants to prevent vital parts like torpedo tubes and radar from getting in the wrong hands.
    Originally this plan has to be ready before January 1st. But Van den Nieuwenhuyzen magaged to get the dat posponed again. But now the MOD is fed up and wants a plan according to the agreements in the contract.
    Joep van den Nieuwenhuyzen stated that he has 3 potential buyers for the submarines and that he will pay the yard as soon as the subs are sold. . . . . more related news.
    5 Aug 2005: The Dutch Ministry of Defence will take RDM to court on Monday in order to force them to srap the two ex-Royal Netherlands Navy Zwaardvis-class submarines, or get then back to the Netherlands.
    The subs are already in a Malaysian port. The MOD is afraid the boats might get confiscated because Van den Nieuwenhuyzen has not payed his bills. This could result in the subs, and or parts of it, getting in the wrong hands.
    With the court case the Dutch MOD will try to force Van den Nieuwenhuyzen to start scrapping the subs before September, or to get them back to the Netherlands. . . . . more related news.

3. Morog

Morog

Lid geworden:
    12 mei 2008
    Ok thank you. I know this articel. I hoped that someone have newer informations.

regards

Sascha

4. Rob Landsbergen

Rob Landsbergen

Lid geworden:
    28 okt 2005
    Well, the article cited in Sebastiaan's posting dates from 2005. Something did happen since.

Unfortunately, Van den Nieuwenhuijzen did not find any buyers for the submarines. Eventually, they were indeed sent to the scrapyard......so they are history now.

I think Jan Kraak said that one or more periscopes from these submarines were saved and are now in the possession of the Dutch Navy Museum in Den Helder.

Rob

5. Morog

Morog

Lid geworden:
    12 mei 2008
    If they scrapped that would be bad news. At least a persicope are saved.

regards

Sascha

6. Martin '70

Martin '70

Lid geworden:
    7 jan 2006
    @ Morog,

Parts of the consoles where saved i believe that they are in the possession of the Dutch Navy Museum but i'm not sure.

[​IMG]

regards Martin :D

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator: 7 dec 2015
  7. ejb61

ejb61

Lid geworden:
    13 jan 2009
    En nu in het Nederlands:???:

8. Morog

Morog

Lid geworden:
    12 mei 2008
    Thank you for the Information! I hope that the ships are not scrapped and maybe one of them become a museum ship in NL!

Now I try the google translator:

Dank u voor de informatie! Ik hoop dat de schepen niet gesloopt en misschien een van hen tot een museum schip in NL!​

regards

Sascha

9. Rob Landsbergen

Rob Landsbergen

Lid geworden:
    28 okt 2005
    "I hope that the ships are not scrapped and maybe one of them become a museum ship in NL!"

As the Eurythmics once sang: "Sweet dreams are made of this" .......... but alas, it won't happen. But your next razorblade might be a former part of a Zwaardvis!

Rob

10. Annaars

Annaars

Lid geworden:
    13 nov 2006
    Hi Sascha,

Raalst gave me a hint that you might like to have the photo's made at the tour we had a month ago. Maybe you've seen the article, and you already have them. If not: we've visited the "Walrus" at Den Helder, and a lot of pictures were made. I know it's not the Tijgerhaai or Zwaardvis, but you might like it anyway.

The article with the links to the zipped photo's:
    [63441] unieke-rondleiding-bij-de-marine-3

Hope you like them!

grtz,
    Ronald.

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator: 18 nov 2015
  11. ejb61

ejb61

Lid geworden:
    13 jan 2009
    Zwaardvis is Marlin en tijgerhaai is Tigershark op zijn engels dan.

12. Annaars

Annaars

Lid geworden:
    13 nov 2006
    @ejb61
    Klopt, maar omdat het een naam is, heb ik ze niet vertaald... ;)

Grtz,
    Ronald.

13. Morog

Morog

Lid geworden:
    12 mei 2008
    Thank you very much for the links. I donĀ“t know the articel. Sure I like the Walrus-Class too! Some details are same.

@Rob: The next razorblades get an own showcase with lightet "Tijgerhaai" insignias :D

best regards

Sascha

Deel Deze Pagina