Bouwverslag en Review van FPV model Trenerka

Discussie in 'FPV (First person view)' gestart door Hugy, 20 mei 2010.

1. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Sorry jongens dat hij in het engels is maar vanwege de grote vraag naar informatie over dit model heb ik het maar internationaal verspreid. Dus even een engels lesje voor de geintereseerden.

Hi there guys,

this will be my review of the Model Trenerka. This review will consist of 4 parts,
    1 the building of the airframe,
    2 installing the electronics,
    3 the first flight of the plane (and for me)
    4 installing the FPV equipment and flying FPV.

But before we begin I will tell you something about myself. I'm 16 years old and live in the Netherlands, so my English won't be perfect. I have had Rc cars, Rc helicopters and this will be my first Rc Plane. I got interested in this side of Rc because of the FPV flying. I liked the whole community that is flying FPV. And of course the view is just stunning. So my goal would be: Learning to fly all by myself, Learning to build a plane all by myself, learning to fly FPV all by myself. I knew this would be a big challenge so I started with an simulator. I bought Realflight g4 for cheap and started practicing. First with a downloaded easystar and no wind. Then a brushless easystar. After about half an hour I could fly those reasonably well so I started to add some wind. Now it became something different, the plane reacts a whole lot different upwind and downwind, but after some practice everything was fine. Now I have about 50 hours of simulator time and I can fly every plane with a lot of wind. Inverted, knife edge etc no problem. So I moved the camera position to FPV. This was something different, I lost the airfield the first 10 times because it was right below me. But after some more practice I can fly FPV reasonably well. I know this is simulated but I think this will help me big times in real life. So after getting familiar with the simulator. I started collecting money and ordering parts. Plane from abc-rc.pl, Servo's etc from Hobbyking and a lot of stuff from ebay. So after receiving everything I started the build yesterday the 18th of may. And now I will start the first part of this review. Why did I choose for this particular plane I hear some of you asking.
    1. It is cheap.
    2. It is made of epp foam so almost indestructible.
    3. It has good flight characteristics.
    4. It has a high payload.
    5. It has long flight times.
    6. It is a pusher.
    7. It is designed for FPV.
    8. It is CHEAP.

Part 1: Building the Airframe

When I received the plane I was amazed at how big the box was, this was partly because of the carbon rods that I ordered with it. But it sure was huge.

[​IMG]

The box was about 1.20 meters long and 40 centimeters high and wide. After opening the box I placed al the foam parts on the floor.

[​IMG]

The plane is 150 cm wide, 106 cm long and the wings are 23 cm wide.
    So this is everything you receive when you order the plane. You get all the epp parts, some wooden parts and that's it. No instructions or anything else. So what I used to make this plane receiver ready is:

3x hxt 900 servo's
    3x 1m 3mm x 2mm carbon tube's
    5x Servo extension cords twisted
    1x 1m 5mm x 3.5 mm carbon tube
    1x 2200kv motor spinning a 6x4 prop
    1x 30 amp esc with 3amp bec.
    3x Steel pushrods with clevises
    3x control horns.
    Plus some basic modelling tools and stuff
    More than enough hot glue

I started with gluing the wings together, the wings come in 4 pieces. Because I wanted to make them separatable I glued the wing halfs together. You use the black piece with the pre-cut, hinged aileron on the outside. I put some hot glue on the piece and put them together nice and straight.

[​IMG]

Afterwards I glued the fuselage together. This consists of 2 big pieces, but it is designed with a little room in between the top part. You can put your servo wires etc through here. Keep this in mind when gluing. Then you have to glue the big flat piece on the underside of the fuselage and cut the excess foam off. When I had those done I glued the tail section together. Take your time and do this straight.

[​IMG]

Here you can see all the parts glued.

[​IMG]

Because the plane is made of epp foam you have to strengthen it, I used carbon rods but some prefer other material because carbon can reflect radio waves. I think this is only marginal so I just did it the easy and strong way. After some thinking about the separating halves I came up with an idea. I put two pieces of 25cm of the 5x 3.5 mm carbon. So I made some slots for those, you do this by holding a straight steel ruler on the cutting line and cutting it with a knife. After the cutting you just carve the foam with a screwdriver and you can insert your carbon rod. Glue it down good, you don't want this separating mid air.

It is explained here _wf0jb2eK2M[/media] - How to Install Carbon Rod in Foamie Wings

[​IMG]

So now you will have something like this.

[​IMG]

Here comes the smart part. Now you can put your 50cm 3x2mm carbon rods in the glued in rods and you can join and separate your wing. For the people that want a strong wing you can just glue them together and strengthen it. But it won't be separatable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we have the wings done we are going to work on the removable wing holder. You will have to glue the wooden pieces on your foam. It is best explained by the pictures.

[​IMG]

Here you can see that you glue the bottom part to the fuselage ant the longer top part and motor plate to the removable wing holder. You then put 4 screws in them 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom plate, those are not included.

On the other side you glue the big piece with the square hole in the fuselage. Glue this good because this will be holding your wing on. It will look funny if it became loose mid flight.

[​IMG]

And on the other side of the wing holder you glue the small half round piece with the small hole.

[​IMG]

You have to put something through this hole, this will interlock with the hole on the fuselage. I used a plastic plug that I cut off at the right size.

[​IMG]

To secure the wings to each other and to the plane I used some strong Velcro from hobbyking. I put a large piece in between the wings and 2 small pieces under the wings.

[​IMG]

The 2 pieces under the wings lock onto the pieces I placed on the fuselage.

[​IMG]

Now the wing can't go anywhere, it is almost firm. But if you want to get the wing of you just pull it of the Velcro, fold it and there you go.

The last stage was gluing the tale section to the airplane and Strengthen the control surfaces. Those are also made of epp so they are a bit flimsy.

I put a large piece in the horizontal stabilizer.

[​IMG]

And one in each aileron and a 50cm piece in the middle of the wing.

[​IMG]

I will ad an final picture of the finished airframe here but it first has to become daytime again.

So now I'm ready for the electronics. My first impression of this plane is good, it is a bit rough designed and cut but it all comes together. You just have to be a bit creative and use your head. This is my first ever plane and I put it together in about 3 hours. So next step will be the electronics this will be online around the weekend. The maiden will also happen in the weekend. But this will all be a surprise.

If you got any tips or questions, ask them and I will answer.

Greetz Hugo

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator: 13 nov 2015
  2. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Hi, guys. This is an update to part 1. After some information I got from you and other people on the internet I decided to make the carbon wing spars thicker. I followed ramsus method. They went from 3x4mm and 2x3mm joiner, to 8x6mm and 6mm solid joiner. So this is a massive strength improvement. I also changed the way the wing would separate and I put some dihedral in it. So some changes to the rigidity of the airframe. So lets start.

Update part 1

What you need:

1.6 meters of 8x6mm carbon rod.
    1.6 meters of 6mm carbon solid rod.
    Bison Construction glue.
    3mm triplex.

I first cut one white piece (or the piece that doesn't have pre-cut ailerons) in half. Those will be glued to the 2 black parts (or the parts that have pre cut ailerons). Now you will have to cut the 8x6mm carbon rod in to 6 pieces. 4 pieces of about 20 cm length and 2 pieces of 40 cm. Now you have to make slots into your wings and glue the carbon rod's in place with the construction glue. This glue will bubble up and fill all the gaps.

[​IMG]

Now you will have something like this.

[​IMG]

Now we are going to glue the black pieces to the short white wing sections. I put 15 degrees of dihedral in this joint using some angled triplex joiners. So this is what you need to put the removable sections together with dihedral.

[​IMG]

Here they are glued.

[​IMG]

And the dihedral.

[​IMG]

The middle white piece will be glued to the plane itself, so the most stressful part is solid. No more rubber bands and your motor and esc won’t need to disconnect all the time. Before you do this you have to guide the servo extension wires through the slot I left open during the building of the fuselage. Because you can't excess this place after you have glued the wing on. Because I put the receiver in the back of the plane to get the best signal I can. I needed to extend all the servo wires through this hole to the receiver. Now you have to put a generous amount of construction glue on the fuselage and put the wing on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put the wing on and glue the top piece with construction glue too. You have to compress the glue for 4 hours so I put some logs on it.

[​IMG]

Now you only have to cut the 6mm solid rod in half and put it through the carbon tubes in the wings and slide your wings on.

You're airframe is ready now.

[​IMG]

Laatst bewerkt: 28 mei 2010
  3. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    gereserveerd voor deel 3

4. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Gereserveerd voor deel 4

5. Klaassie

Klaassie

Lid geworden:
    24 jan 2010
    Mooi verslagje Hugy, goed bezig! :thumbsup:

6. ramsus42

ramsus42

Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2003
    Hugy netjes joh!

Ziet er allemaal goed uit. Echter vallen me wat dingen op.
    Doordat je het kistje flink gaat belasten met overig gewicht, vraag ik mij af of dat jou verbinding tussen je vleugels niet te zwak is. Het ziet er wat fragiel uit. Je gebruikt buisje in buisje, met 5x3,5 buis, en 3x2 buis. Dit is een halve mm speling. je had beter voor de "penverbinding"massief 3,5mm kunnen gebruiken. Dit omdat de vezels van het CF in de lengte richting lopen, en de kans op scheuren dus ontzettend groot is. De kwaliteit van het CF is tegenwoordig behoorlijk perfect dus past 3,5mm in 3,5mm prima.
    Het uiteinde kun je van een ringetje voorzien..
    Daarnaast is het stabilo en zijn hoogteroer schanierend met zijn eigen epp. Echter zit de sterkte hem dankzij jou CF nu achter in het hoogteroer. Wil het hoogteroer buigen dan is de kans groot dat hij toch gaat inscheuren. Dit mede vanwege de extreem dunne laag epp die ze hebben over gehouden voor het schanier.
    En dan ut laatste!, Je hebt de achterkant van de romp netjes in het voorstuk geplaatst. Echter heb je de achterkant van het voorste gedeelte uit elkaar staan, om zo vlak te laten lopen met het achterste gedeelte. Dit had gewoon tegen elkaar moeten zitten. 'T is wat onduidelijk, maar ach, zo lijkt het ook prima te zitten:).
    Sorry voor 't zeuren, maar kritiek kun je altijd verwachten bij het posten van zo'n verslag:).
    Toch? Verder een erg mooi verslag! je engels is duidelijk, je foto's, super!

Laatst bewerkt: 20 mei 2010
  7. SanderFPV

SanderFPV

Lid geworden:
    11 feb 2010
    Hugo,

De oplossing die je verzonnen hebt om de vleugel deelbaar te maken gaat zo niet werken. Drukpunt is nu precies 't midden van de vleugel en op de 3mm CF, die gaat gegarandeerd breken. Je zult veel dikker CF moeten gebruiken om 't heel te houden. Bijvoorbeeld 8mm CF in de vleugel met 6mm massief CF als verbinding, maar ook daar heb ik m'n twijfels bij.

Je kunt hiervoor beter aluminium koppelstukken gebruiken b.v. 10mm buiten, 8mm binnen en dan 8mm CF in de vleugel. In de 8mm CF schuif je nog 6mm massief tot pakweg 5cm voorbij 't punt waar 't aluminium ophoudt. Nu heb je een stevige constructie die flink wat g-krachten kan verdragen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Sander Sassen
    ImmersionRC - Real Virtuality

8. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Bedankt voor jullie kritiek en reacties. Dit is de eerste keer dat ik dit doe en het blijkt maar weer dat je sommige krachten redelijk kan onderschatten.

Edit : ik ga nu even Wat nieuwe spullen kopen, bij een vliegerwinkel. Ik wil graag de spullen bij Vliegerop bestellen. Ik heb daar nu een 8x6mm carbon buis een 6mm vol carbon buis. + nog 2 10x8mm messing verbindings stukken. Is dit goed genoeg? Ik heb nu de keuze tussen 2 stukken messing buis van 10x8mm en dan 8cm lang of een aluminium buis van 9x6mm en dan zo lang als ik wil. Wat is beter?

mvg Hugo Janse

9. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Of heeft iemand deze spullen mischien nog liggen. Want alle winkels die ik heb gebeld hebben 1 of meerdere dingen niet op voorraad.

10. SanderFPV

SanderFPV

Lid geworden:
    11 feb 2010
    Maak eens een lijst van wat je nodig hebt Hugo, het is een beetje onduidelijk zo.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Sander Sassen

11. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Doe ik, maar eigenlijk wil ik gewoon jouw advies opvolgen. Dus de 8mm binnendiameter aluminium buis. Hierin een 8x6mm carbon buis en daarin een 6mm solid carbon staaf. Dus die 3 dingen. Of iets vergelijkbaars. Heb je mischien nog wat liggen dan kan ik van het weekend nog maidenen (crashen). En dat zou heel erg leuk zijn.(of niet) :rolleyes:

Het moet in ieder geval niet zo'n maiden worden :p

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator: 13 nov 2015
  12. ramsus42

ramsus42

Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2003
    Hoi Hugy,

Vandaag ben ik even bezig geweest met mijn vleugel. Het middenstuk wordt op de romp gelijmt, waardoor ik niet meer niet met die elastiekjes hoef te k*tten. Tevens zit de verbinding van de vleugel nu niet in het midden, en dus waar hij het zwaarst word belast.
    Op deze manier hoeft er niet een te zware constructie gebouwt te worden, om toch voldoende sterkte in de vleugel te krijgen.

De materialen zijn 2M CF-Buis 8mm. 1M 6mm CF-Staf.
    tevens 2 messing pijpjes met binnendiamter 8mm. Deze gaan strak over de 8mm CF.
    Verder is alles gelijmt met Constructielijm. Die bruist goed in de porieën van het schuim, en blijft enigzins flexibel.
    je ziet dit terug op de foto's. De lijm komt op sommige punten door het epp heen. Dit word er later afgesneden.
    Verder zijn de messing pijpjes bedoelt voor het tegen gaan van het splijten van de CF-Buis.

De tipjes worden nog voorzien van 2mm cf staf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goed de buislijm te zien. De multiplex houten wigjes worden gladgemaakt met het oppervlak.
    [​IMG]

Opnieuw de bruislijm te zien...maar vooral nauwlijks een naadje:).
    [​IMG]

13. SanderFPV

SanderFPV

Lid geworden:
    11 feb 2010
    Prima oplossing zo Remy! :thumbsup:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Sander Sassen

14. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Remy kunnen we aanstaand weekend of met pinksteren niet even afspreken bij iemand thuis, want nu ik jou zo bezig zie merk ik dat ik toch wel een beetje aan het klungelen ben. Stuur maar een pb ofzo.

groet Hugo.

15. ramsus42

ramsus42

Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2003
    Hugy, ik ben schuw, dat weet je nu toch inmiddels?
    ;)...

5 juni! word er hier een meet 'n greet in Nijmegen georganiseerd. Hopelijk zal de trenirka?narka norka trainer dan af zijn. je bent uiteraard van harte welkom:)!

16. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Ben ik zo eng? 8O Maar heb je anders wat van die materialen over die jij hebt gebruikt want dat ziet er zeer goed uit allemaal. Mischien iemand anders die interesse heeft om te helpen?

mvg Hugo Janse

17. ramsus42

ramsus42

Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2003
    Hugy,

Die materialen die ik gebruik zijn gewoon in een vliegershop te koop.

2 meter 8mm buis ( 6mm binnen dia.)
    1meter 6mm staf
    2 messing buisjes (8mm binnen dia.)

En verder nog 3mm multiplex van de locale modelbouw shop.

Bruislijm van jawel, De praxis:).

Aan de hand van de foto's kom je waarschijnlijk een heel eind. Gewoon beginnen, en zijn er nog vragen dan hoor ik het wel:).

18. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Oke, dan ga ik daar maar naar opzoek. Bedankt voor je tips. Zou je mischien nog een iets duidelijkere beschrijving kunnen geven hoeveel graden dihdral je hebt enz.
    En hoe maak je de vleugels dan aan elkaar. Magneten, klitteband?
    Welke vlieger winkel heb je die spullen gekocht en hoeveel was je ongeveer kwijt?

mvg Hugo Janse

Laatst bewerkt: 21 mei 2010
  19. ramsus42

ramsus42

Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2003
    Ik was 24 euro kwijt voor 1,50M 8mm buis, 1x 2M 6mm staf, 1x buisje van 4mm en 2 messing pijpjes.
    Later heb ik er nog een Meter 8mm buis moeten halen.
    Tja, dan denk je zo goedkoop uit te zijn met zo'n poolsze kist..Maar ach:). Tis een keer wat anders dan een Ez.
    De vleugels blijven bij elkaar met een lipje en een duveltje. ( Sanders Idea.) Ik zal dit vanavond even laten zien.
    De wingtips staan nu 15graden omhoog.

20. Hugy

Hugy

Lid geworden:
    23 apr 2009
    Hoi allemaal. Nou na wikken en wegen ben ik tot het besluit gekomen om remy maar gewoon te volgen. Heb net even een vliegerwinkel gebeld die hebben 165 8x5.5mm liggen voor 10tje Daar een 5.5x3mm ook van 165 in voor 4 euro. En daar een 3mm vol in voor 4 euro. Heb ik hier genoeg aan of moet ik 2x een 8x5 hebben. Ik wil hier vanavond nog even heen gaan. Dus als er even een snelle bevestiging is dan is dat zeer fijn. Natuurlijk ook nog een messing pijpje voor de verbindingen. Moet ik ook nog bruislijm halen of kan ik verder gaan met de hot glue.

mvg Hugo Janse

Deel Deze Pagina