Another Zwart Zee

Discussie in 'Bouwverslagen - Schepen' gestart door oceaneer77, 12 nov 2019.

1. Watergeus

Watergeus Vriend van modelbouwforum.nl

Lid geworden:
    7 mrt 2011
    Hello there, interesting propulsion arrangement you have in your "Zwarte Zee".
    It could been by design.

Regarding the towing winch, I have installed the winch below deck and it is working. Have a look at my report: https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/zwarte-zee-iv.131173/page-8
    From half way down you can see the development of the winch.
    By using this arrangement with the gears, the force from the tow is not tranferred to the motor of the winch.
    I have been sailing with her but not under tow as I did not have something to tow at that time.

I designed the winch myself and printed it on a 3D printer. If you are interested I can send you the files, it was created in Sketchup.

Regards,
    Mathieu

2. oceaneer77

oceaneer77

Lid geworden:
    10 nov 2019
    Hi Mathieu
    Thanks for the message, sorry for the late reply. Covid has made things odd and I am just back in the Netherlands.

For the winch I used one off the shelf. Seems OK.. and its mostly hidden.

So Update,,,
    The boat is finished trials and work great. Tows me on the double Kayak no problem. I think the people watching at Makkum Beach resort think I am crazy! Lol

I will add photos shortly.
    Thanks
    Dylan

3. oceaneer77

oceaneer77

Lid geworden:
    10 nov 2019
    ZZ1.jpg ZZ5.jpg ZZ2.jpg ZZ4.jpg

MikeMohawk en Zeiler vinden dit leuk.
  4. Marijke

Marijke

Lid geworden:
    1 jun 2020
    Wow dylan, what a retestrak ship you produced! Very very nicely done! Interesting colorscheme, too, so it seems nitpicking on the color is wasted breath. And with that propulsion they neednt bother building the smit rotterdam:kwijl: by the way, do I spot a “boegschroef”?

Deel Deze Pagina