GREETINGS FROM NANTONG, CHINA

Discussie in 'Historische Zeilschepen' gestart door Heinrich, 26 jan 2020.

1. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Stephan, choosing Kolderstok is the easy part. Since South Africa's history is so closely linked to the V.O.C., I have decided to build a Dutch (V.O.C.) ship and who better to supply the kit than a Dutch company! In addition, Hans seems to take an extremely active role in the build reports of his customers which is something that is rare to find today.
    Heinrich

Frank Wouts, *Hans* en Stephan Kertész vinden dit leuk.
  2. cees050

cees050

Lid geworden:
    16 mrt 2016
    Welkom Heinrich,
    Het wordt nu dus een internationaal forum. Helemaal leuk.
    Ga zeker je bouw vorderingen volgen als je die op dit forum zet. Helemaal leuk en ik ben zeker dat al je vragen hier beantwoord kunnen worden.
    Groetjes Cees

Tom Berk en Heinrich vinden dit leuk.
  3. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Cees. Thank you so much for your well wishes. I am already fully at home on the forum and appreciate the wonderful support of everyone. I am very excited about the future build and will surely ask lots of questions.
    Heinrich

4. Ruud Pont

Ruud Pont

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2018
    Mazzelaar, dat zouden we allemaal wel willen....;););) Mijn admiraal is gewoon de baas....

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  5. Building Mouse

Building Mouse

Lid geworden:
    23 nov 2017
    Dear Heinrich,

I am just thinking, wouldn’t it be possible to build de Batavia, but then change the stern and the ornaments to make it a same-period ship that played a role in the VOC history of South-Africa?

Regards,
    Martin

6. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Martin. You have been reading my mind - that is EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing !!! I have just now contacted Kolderstok, so I am waiting on Hans to get back to me.
    Heinrich

Building Mouse vindt dit leuk.
  7. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Yes, de Afrikaanse Batavia.......:banana::banana:
    Tja Heinrich daar moet een verslag van komen hoor, daar willen wij allemaal van meegenieten :):)

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  8. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Koos. This will require a good bit of research of the VOC ships to the Cape, but I have been busy with this for a while. I will keep you posted.
    Heinrich

Jaques vindt dit leuk.
  9. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Okee Heinrich, maar ik begrijp al uit je posts dat onze Admiraal er ook al bij betrokken is dus dan gaat het helemaal goed komen....
    Succes

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  10. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Onze Admiraal is a civil engineer, Koos and out of the 5 Kolderstok models, the Batavia was the one that she picked :friends:!
    Heinrich

Jaques vindt dit leuk.
  11. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Dan heeft jou Admiraal een zeer goede keuze, net als die van mij die zag de Batavia indertijd van Danny en hoppa Koos had weer een jaar of twee (hobby)werk....:yes: Maar er zijn ergere dingen in het leven.

Danny Mulders en Heinrich vinden dit leuk.
  12. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Indeed Koos! I have already looked at your and Danny's builds of the Batavia. She is a fine ship!
    Heinrich

Jaques vindt dit leuk.
  13. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Friends. Finally, I can now let the cat out of the bag. I just wanted to finalise everything with Hans from Kolderstok first, but I can now tell you that I bought the Batavia - in actual fact, the Admiraal bought it for me as an early birthday present. Even though I know that is a big challenge that lies ahead, I am as excited as little kid just before Christmas. Thank you to each and everyone for the interest and for all the kind words of support to date.
    Heinrich

Tom Berk, TIMBERWOLF, *Hans* en 3 anderen vinden dit leuk.
  14. Ruud Pont

Ruud Pont

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2018
    Gefeliciteerd met je keuze Heinrich, het is een mooi schip dat je gaat bouwen.
    En wat een geweldige admiraal heb jij, ik ben gewoon jaloers :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Ik zie graag uit naar jou bouwverslag, en wil alvast een stoeltje reserveren.
    En als je je bouwpakket bij (Hans) Kolderstok in Dordrecht even ophaalt, dan kan je nog sneller aan de bouw beginnen. :D:D(geintje)..

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  15. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Beste Ruud. Thank you so much for your kind words. You are right on both accounts: The Batavia is a beautiful ship and when it comes to my Admiral - I have no words to describe her. I will patiently for the kit to arrive as that gives me proper time to study and try to understand the build reports of Danny and Koos.
    Heinrich

Jaques vindt dit leuk.
  16. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Today, I tried to find some illustrations of the sterns of Van Riebeeck's ships to see how they compare to the Batavia. I could only find two examples - in both cases that of the Dromedaris. I suppose that was to be expected as it was the ship on which Van Riebeeck travelled. The clearest example (on the photograph) is of a static replica of the ship in South Africa. Note the single-hump camel, or dromedaris as the emblem. Apart from that and a few of the minor ornamentations, the stern is very much like that of the Batavia.

ship-and-airport.jpg

Jaques, Building Mouse en TIMBERWOLF vinden dit leuk.
  17. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Good morning everyone! May you all have a wonderful day today!
    Heinrich

Stephan Kertész en Hans Groenenberg vinden dit leuk.
  18. TIMBERWOLF

TIMBERWOLF Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    28 aug 2008
    het is hier 22.15 in de avond

Heinrich en Stephan Kertész vinden dit leuk.
  19. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    WeChat Image_20200129162644.jpg

Dear Friends

Whilst studying Koos and Danny's build logs today, the Admiraal brought a mini-mini "Batavia" home to keep me busy!:)

I also discovered the amazing YouTube video of Ronny Vercruysse's build. I am sure you have all seen it, but to me as a newbie, it was simply amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWqE7-kGx0

Heinrich

Tom Berk, pietsan en Jaques vinden dit leuk.
  20. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Beste Heinrich, een hele goede keuze deze Batavia, ik hoop voor jou dat deze snel in China arriveert. ;);)
    Mocht je nog iets willen weten in de tussentijd of indien er voor jou onduidelijkheden zijn in de beide verslagen dan hoor ik dat graag, mijn verslag start pas in de loop van de bouw maar ik heb vanaf het begin diverse foto's genomen dus die zijn dan ter verduidelijking zo geplaatst.... Enne die kleine Batavia is alvast een leuk opwarmertje...
    Gr Koos

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.

Deel Deze Pagina