KOLDERSTOK BATAVIA / HAARLEM

Discussie in 'Bouwverslagen historische schepen' gestart door Heinrich, 28 feb 2020.

1. cees050

cees050

Lid geworden:
    16 mrt 2016
    heinrich een mooi verhaal en mooie beelden je gaat wel erg snel , ik denk dat je de hele dag aan het modelbouwen bent.
    Groet Cees

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  2. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Tja Heinrich, hier zeggen we dan “aldoende leert men” maar ondanks al die tijd van schuren heb je er de vaart goed inzitten zeg... netjes hoor :worship::worship:
    Maar het geduld dat je hier aan de boeg toont heb je ook weer nodig voor de spanten af te schuinen, daar geld beter zes keer kijken dan iets te veel schuren, maar dat gaat ook weer helemaal goed komen,
    Succes

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  3. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    @cees050 Hello Cees. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, you are right - at this stage I am lucky to have a lot of time building the ship. In China the schools have been open, but only partially. They first sent certain grades back - then monitor the situation before sending everyone back. The training centres - such as the one where I teach - are the last step. So, we are still closed for the moment. I only teach a few online classes in the week so I have a lot of time to build. When we reopen - which will probably be on the 1st of May - I will have so many classes that I will probably have no time, or very little time to do any building. So, I am using the time I have now to finish what I can.

Vriendelijk groete - Heinrich

4. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    @Jaques Good morning, Koos. You are absolutely right. In my opinion, the real build start with the whole planking process and because there is only one layer, I believe this makes or breaks a build. The bow was - and still is, because I am not quite finished with sanding yet - the first step of that process. And the afschuinsing - exactly like you say - is a crucial step. I have already decided that if I can only lay one plank a day then I will only lay one plank a day. So I am fully prepared to look six times and sand a very little at a time - one spant at a time and one plank at a time! :) Thank you for the kind words and the good advice.

Jaques vindt dit leuk.
  5. Pingu57

Pingu57 Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    14 dec 2014
    Heinrich, vreselijk jammer dat je het kiel deel mee hebt geschuurd, jaar verder maak je er wel vreselijk mooi werk van, dit moet wel een mooie stevige boeg gaan worden.:rofl::rofl:

6. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    @Pingu57 Thank you for the kind words, Peter. It is certainly a pity about the keel and unnecessary, but at least I can replace it - so no real harm done! If that can be my only "blooper" until now, I will take it!:D

7. Pingu57

Pingu57 Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    14 dec 2014
    Ah yes, an excellent service from mister Kolderstok.:):)

Heinrich en *Hans* vinden dit leuk.
  8. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Hans delivers excellent service. It will be very difficult for any kit manufacturer to match his customer service.

*Hans* vindt dit leuk.
  9. Pingu57

Pingu57 Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    14 dec 2014
    I do think that there are not many manufactorers, that are doing the same service.
    I only know that ZHL ( from China ) has a forum in "ships of scale " but that is more for the American market, and to promote new models i think.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  10. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Peter, yes - ZHL, CAF Models and Trident are all members on Ships of Scale. From what I have heard Max from ZHL and Tom from CAF both deliver good service. Trident is unknown to me and as you say mostly use the site to promote their models. But the big problem is turnaround time. It cannot compare to Hans's speedy reaction time.

TIMBERWOLF en Pingu57 vinden dit leuk.
  11. Pingu57

Pingu57 Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    14 dec 2014
    Ah yes, you are right, Hans is the fastest in his reactions. That is true.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  12. Leensen

Leensen

Lid geworden:
    11 jan 2020
    Ziet er goed uit! Zonde om daar planken overheen te plakken :D
    Dat schuurfoutje was misschien nog wel te repareren geweest denk ik.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  13. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    @Leensen Hello Leensen. I have repaired it and it looks OK - but seeing that I am ordering extra cannons and rolpaarden from Hans in any case, I might just as well include a new keel. Yes, "sonde" is the right word to cover all that hard work, but as long as it does its job, then I'm happy.:)

Leensen vindt dit leuk.
  14. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Friends

This is just a very quick and tiny update. Everything has now been done prior to and in preparation for planking

WeChat Image_20200417084533.jpg

The first step was to sand the geschutpoorten flush with the sides of the hull. I am happy to say that all geschutpoorten are still intact! Actually, there was very little sanding required for this.

WeChat Image_20200417084528.jpg

Afschuinsing was provisionally done. I took great care not to sand away too much at this stage and will make the necessary adjustments as I progress. It is interesting to note how much more prominent the geschutpoorten seem now that they have been made flush with the romp.

WeChat Image_20200417084522.jpg

The instructions state that only the inside of the geschutpoorten needed to be painted black. This, of course, makes perfect sense but seeing that I was busy painting, I also made the wand behind them black for good measure .

WeChat Image_20200417084548.jpg

As I have never done anything of the sort before, the whole "beplanking thing" is a massive challenge to me - and none more so than the boeg part.

So ... if any of the planking experts here, want to take a quick trip to China to come and assist, I offer free lodging, great food, an almost rural atmosphere plus the safest environment in the world! :D

Thank you all for following - your comments and inputs are greatly appreciated.

Vriendelijk groete- Heinrich

15. Stephan Kertész

Stephan Kertész

Lid geworden:
    5 jul 2019
    Nice work.
    Je laatste foto lijkt alsof de romp getordeerd is. Ligt dit aan de foto?

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  16. amazone

amazone

Lid geworden:
    3 aug 2009
    als china niet zo ver was kwam ik wel eens langs :koud:
    als je nog nooit beplankt hebt begin van boven zou ik zeggen
    raahout
    vulling
    bovensteberghout
    vulling
    berghout
    enz tot je aan het onderste berghout bent,dit zou inprinsipe makelijk moeten lukken.
    dan ben je weer een paar dagen ( weken verder )

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  17. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    We kunnen ook wel samen rijden hoor Dirk, scheelt in de benzine...;);)
    Het ziet er allemaal weer netjes uit Heinrich, en wat de beplanking betreft blijf kalm en overhaast het niet, dan gaat het helemaal goed komen....
    Succes

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  18. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Hallo Stephan. I first had to look up the meaning of "getordeert" :D Yes I am happy to say that was just me not sitting right in front of the romp when I took the picture. That is the nice thing about this kit - it is very solid and accurate. Thank you for the kind words.

Vriendelijk groet - Heinrich

Stephan Kertész vindt dit leuk.
  19. Stephan Kertész

Stephan Kertész

Lid geworden:
    5 jul 2019
    Gelukkig. Maar je ziet wij houden de boel in de gaten. Succes met de plankjes.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  20. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Hello Dirk. Thank you very much for the advice. Luckily, I also have the build logs of some other builders, that I can follow - or should I rather say - hope to follow! :)

Vriendelijk groet - Heinrich

Deel Deze Pagina