KOLDERSTOK BATAVIA / HAARLEM

Discussie in 'Bouwverslagen historische schepen' gestart door Heinrich, 28 feb 2020.

1. Stephan Kertész

Stephan Kertész

Lid geworden:
    5 jul 2019
    Tekst selecteren, rechter muisknop en vertalen met google

2. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Dear Friends

I thank you for all your wonderful comments. Judging by some of the comments - even though most of you find the Afrikaans "leuk", it may be somewhat of a problem. So, the next post I will do in English and then you can let me know which one you prefer. I am at equally at home in both (I am after all an English teacher!:))

So I want to start with the two photographs that were meant to be part of the previous post.

Build 120.jpg

Here you can clearly see just how nice the fit of the false deck is. I am so glad that there are no unsightly gaps or seams.

Build 122.jpg

After the false deck had been glued, everything was checked for squareness and a water level was used to make sure that everything was completely level and flat. Perfect!

With this huge confidence booster under my belt, I continued with the stern assembly. Here everything slotted perfectly into place with the minimum of sanding required. I love the checks and balances that Kolderstok has designed into the kit. For the stern (and bow) assembly there are two supporting ribs that practically lock 3 bulkheads together and into their final position. If these click into position, you can rest assured that all bulkheads (and effectively the whole stern and bow assemblies) are perfectly aligned.

Build 123.jpg

The supporting ribs which are used in the bow and stern assemblies. On the left are the ones for the bow.

Build 124.jpg

Stern Assembly. Note the supporting ribs.

Next up was the bow assembly which followed the same procedure as that of the stern. Once again the two supporting ribs ensured perfect alignment of the three front bulkheads.

Build 125.jpg

Bow Assembly

At the end of this phase of the assembly, what you have is an extremely solidly constructed and rigid hull. The curvature of the hull looks absolutely amazing and from certain angles it looks more like a Plank-on-Frame model than a Plank-on-Bulkhead one! Am I excited about the build so far? You bet!

Build 126.jpg

Build 127.jpg

This then takes the progress at the current stage. The last two bulkheads and top part of the stern have not yet been glued into place as I still have to decide on whether I want to display the stern cannons or keep the gunports closed. As the Haarlem had more cannons than the Batavia, I might need those! (More on this to follow after I have liaised with Admiral Hans and listened to all your suggestions).

Thank you very much for your interest and for following.

Kind regards - Heinrich

3. TIMBERWOLF

TIMBERWOLF Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    28 aug 2008
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  4. Freubelaer

Freubelaer

Lid geworden:
    5 feb 2016
    Mijn voorkeur heeft het Engels.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  5. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Thank you very much, Ton. Duly noted.
    Kind regards - Heinrich

6. Stephan Kertész

Stephan Kertész

Lid geworden:
    5 jul 2019
    Ik vind het Engels ook beter te lezen. Daarbij is Google translate beter met Engels/Nederlands dan met die Afrikaans/Nederlands. Maar met Engels heb ik die niet nodig.

Je frame zit mooi recht! Dat mag ook gezegd worden.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  7. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Thank you very much, Stephan. I really appreciate the input. I want everyone to be able to follow the build easily.
    Kind regards - Heinrich

Stephan Kertész vindt dit leuk.
  8. Jaques

Jaques Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    31 mei 2016
    Netjes hoor, mooie foto’s ook en tja af en toe wat zuid Afrikaans vind ik niet zo verkeerd hoor Heinrich :thumbsup::yes::worship:

Laatst bewerkt: 29 feb 2020
    Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  9. Leensen

Leensen

Lid geworden:
    11 jan 2020
    Veel succes Heinrich!
    Ik ga je ook maar even volgen, want misschien haal je me wel in en dan kan ik ook bij jou afkijken :D

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  10. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Hello Leensen - it's good to have another Batavia builder here! I doubt that very much. I am now trying to figure out the "valse wand" of the "geschutpoorten" and how the "verspringen" works and that has almost taken me a day (and I'm still not sure!). You have already made great progress.

11. Leensen

Leensen

Lid geworden:
    11 jan 2020
    Het "verspringen" is goed zichtbaar op de tekening "dekken en doorsneden". In het zij-aanzicht zie je tussen spant 12 en 14 wat er gebeurd. De plank die vanaf spant 12 komt, stopt bij spant 13. Onderaan komt er onderaan een nieuwe plank(je) bij tussen spant 13 en 14.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  12. Heinrich

Heinrich

Lid geworden:
    26 jan 2020
    Thank you very much Leensen, That is what I've thought, :)but I wasn't sure. Did you bend your planks beforehand or can one shape them as you fit them?:)

13. Jinny

Jinny

Lid geworden:
    26 jul 2009
    Aan boord, in Nederland hoogstwaarschijnlijk
    Maak het kringetje eens wat groter?
    Deze dame wil ook nog even op de eerste rij.
    Wat taal aangaat, ik vind het ZA een prachtige vorm van Nederlands die ik heel goed kan volgen.
    Engels kan ik ook goed volgen, daar niet van, maar ZA heeft mijn voorkeur. (het heeft ook weg van Vlaams, waar het vrij dicht tegenaan ligt)

Nu ben ik misschien een beetje bevooroordeeld omdat ik regelmatig ZA lees, en het dus gewoon ben.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  14. Leensen

Leensen

Lid geworden:
    11 jan 2020
    Ik heb deze vooraf gebogen, want ik denk dat het best lastig is om ze te buigen tijdens het plaatsen.
    Je zult op sommige plaatsen ook de uitsparing in de spanten bij moeten vijlen, want de uitsparingen zijn recht, maar de planken lopen schuin.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  15. Prutsertje

Prutsertje

Lid geworden:
    2 apr 2019
    Planken weken in (heet) water en dan met een plankenbuiger buigen werkt prima. Kolderstok verkoopt ook plankenbuigers.

Heinrich en Stephan Kertész vinden dit leuk.
  16. Stephan Kertész

Stephan Kertész

Lid geworden:
    5 jul 2019
    Volgens mij zag ik die op een foto van Heinrich langskomen

Heinrich en Prutsertje vinden dit leuk.
  17. Prutsertje

Prutsertje

Lid geworden:
    2 apr 2019
    Ik zie het nu ook!

Heinrich en Stephan Kertész vinden dit leuk.
  18. Rudi 070

Rudi 070

Lid geworden:
    9 okt 2018
    Ik ga dit verslag zeker volgen, ik vind de batavia/haarlem(/dordrecht) een heel mooi schip. Van mij had je het in het Afrikaans mogen doen, ik vind het altijd grappig om te zien hoe goed dat te volgen is voor ons Hollanders.

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.
  19. Rudi 070

Rudi 070

Lid geworden:
    9 okt 2018
    Doet een beetje hieraan denken:

Vlgones een oznrdeeok op een Eglnese uvinretsiet mkaat het neit uit in wlkee vloogdre de ltteers in een wrood saatn, het einge wat blegnaijrk is is dat de eretse en de ltaatse ltteer op de jiutse patals saatn. De rset van de ltteers mgoen wllikueirg gpletaast wdoren en je knut vrelvogens gwoeon lzeen wat er saatt. Dit kmot odmat we neit ekle ltteer op zcih lzeen maar het wrood als gheeel.
    :thumbsup:

SjorsZ en Heinrich vinden dit leuk.
  20. TIMBERWOLF

TIMBERWOLF Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    28 aug 2008
    :weetnie::weetnie:

Heinrich vindt dit leuk.

Deel Deze Pagina