Bouw Otto Lauffer

Discussie in 'Foto-Album' gestart door Roel van Essen, 9 jul 2004.

1. Roel van Essen

Roel van Essen Forum veteraan

Lid geworden:
    13 jul 2002
    @Piet:
    Gewoon stoom. Water, vlammetje er onder, en laat maar koken.
    Jij zit natuurlijk verlekkerd te kijken naar zo'n dikke rookpluim, maar....:
    D'r stond 2,1 Bar op de ketel, en buiten was het behoorlijk koud, dus dan wil je die stoom wel zien!
    't Is geen optie om zo'n stoommachine als rookgenerator te gebruiken hoor! :wink:

2. piet

piet

Lid geworden:
    29 jul 2004
    ja ik had het ook eigenlijk kunnen weten, maar om het als rook generator te gebruiken gaat me te ver.
    en als ik het dan zou in bouwen mag die machine gelijk de schroef aan drijven.

3. mennojan

mennojan Guest

Ghehe lijkt wel een meteorietenregen op schaal met die hagelbui :lol:

4. marco bosch

marco bosch

Lid geworden:
    13 jan 2004
    mooi verhaal roel ook in de kwiklink van januari

5. Dikkie

Dikkie

Lid geworden:
    18 feb 2005
    Mooi verhaal en een leuk bootje, ook heel interresant om zoiets te zien! :)

Alleen ik denk niet dat ik het geduld kan opbrengen om met stoom te werken, maar het blijft leuk om naar te kijken!

6. dash8man

dash8man

Lid geworden:
    15 apr 2006
    Hi,

Sorry my Dutch and German is terrible. Hope someone understands English! Recently purchased the Otto Laufer kit and Steam Engine. Waiting for it to arrive. Would just like to get everyones general opinion of this kit and how well the steam engine functions. Any problems, difficulties? Many thanks.

Bill. :?:

7. Roel van Essen

Lid geworden:
    13 jul 2002
    Hi Bill, welcome here!
    Yes, I build the Otto Lauffer, and I can say: she performs very well and is a beauty on the water.
    The steam-engine has for about 20 minutes water in the boiler, then I bring her ashore, just to be sure. The first kettle I had, exploded: a bad soldering joint on the looking glass! Graupner took it back and send me a new one, wich had much better soldering joints.
    I sailed the Otto for about two months, than I had to send it back to the editor of the magazine I'm writing for. I had a lot of fun with the model.
    It's worth its price. The kit is good, the machine powerful enough, the boiler large enough, and if you pay attention to the insulation of the hull and decks, she does not loose much heath. The only drawback I found was that there was not enough insulation for both hull, deck and the inside of the deckhouse. I improvised with small pieces of white foam (polystyrene) with aluminiumfoil wrapped around it. Worked perfectly.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Kind regards
    Roel

8. dash8man

dash8man

Lid geworden:
    15 apr 2006
    Roel,

Thanks for the info. This is my first venture with a steam engine so I may have more questions. Great pics of your model. Looks fantastic on the water. Thanks for the build pointers. Cheers.

Bill.

9. Roel van Essen

Lid geworden:
    13 jul 2002
    You're welcome, Bill. If you have any questions about the text in the pages above, feel free to ask...

Deel Deze Pagina